|Capital:||Sofia||Official languages:||Bulgarian||Official alphabet:||Cyrillic|
|Area:||110,994 km2||Population:||7 202 198 people||Currency:||Lev (BGN)
EUR 1 = 1.95583 BGN
|Drives on the:||right||Calling code:||+359||Seasons:||winter, spring, summer and autumn|
- Bulgaria is the oldest country in Europe that hasn’t changed its name since it was first established in 681.
- Bulgarians shake their head the opposite way for yes and no. Make sure you answer with words not only gestures. 🙂
- The first computer in the world was created by a Bulgarian. In the period 1937 – 1942 John Atanasoff, a scientist of Bulgarian descent, together with Clifford Berry, an American inventor working for the University of Iowa, designed and developed the first computer.
- Bulgaria is the country with the highest number of natural mineral springs in Continental Europe – over 600.
- Bulgarian yogurt is the best in the world. This is thanks to the unique Lactobacillus bulgaricus bacteria used for its production that can only be found on the territory of Bulgaria.
- The Bulgarian folk song Izlel e Delio Haydutin has been flying around open space together with Bach’s and Mozart’s greatest works since 1977 when the Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 probes left the Earth.
- Official Tourism website of Bulgaria: www.bulgariatravel.org